INTERVIEW MONSTRE - ALIEN NOSEJOB "I once got bit by a pelican"

What is a Monster interview? Unlike the lengthy interviews we sometimes offer, it's limited to a few questions. From week to week, you'll find different recurring themes. It's up to you to choose your favorite questions, or to read the whole thing.
Have fun with Jake Robertson  & ALIEN NOSEJOB !


In Melbourne by Iso Buckley

Taste question: Which artists have influenced you the most, and what can you tell us exemples about this influence?


Probably bands I've been listening to since I was a teenager. Ramones, The Saints, AC/DC, The Kinks...etc. A lot of 77 punk bands, 60's garage bands and the Killed by Death / Back from the Grave compilations. They're always buried there somewhere and pop out even when I don't want them to.

Who is the artist you dislike and why will he/she never influence you?

There's a lot of stuff I've spent years not liking and then I wake up one day and like it.... So, I feel like anything I say, I'll read back in two years and think I'm an idiot.
Actually, I can't see Lostprophets aging badly as an answer. They never have and never will influence me.

History question: Can you sum up the life of your group?

Every release doubles and halves the audience at the same time

Champollion question: What is the meaning of the band's name?

It was a movie I saw once starring Troy McClure

Buddy question: Who has helped you most in your band's adventure and without whom you wouldn't have had the same evolution?

Iso, Blake and Zoe who play in the live band and Bill from Anti Fade (Who has also played in the live band)

Spinal Tap question: What's the most stupid thing that's ever happened to you?

I've been outsmarted by my cat a lot of times and I once got bit by a pelican

in Berlin by Iso Buckley
Question Happy Few: What's the biggest benefit you've derived from your band, and can you tell us about it?


Alien Nosejob is responsible for a fair chunk of my social life and it gives me something to do when I'm home alone, so I'm never really bored. Curing boredom is a pretty big benefit.

Art question: What book, film, record and current band made you flash?

Flash.. like, expose myself? Hmm, not particularly into that... but I guess Lady Chaterley's Lover, Last Tango in Paris, that GG record with Hangin out with Jim on it and Nudism from Brisbane.

Funny question. What's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you?

I've been bitten by a pelican and my cat has outsmarted me numerous times

Camembert question: What's France to you, apart from the land of wine and cheese? (you're allowed to Google it, the theme is rock and underground culture).

A lot of bad things come to my mind historically, but I gotta be positive! I can't think about France without singing Lio - Le Banana Split. 10/10 song. I love Lio

Sponsorship question: Who can you sponsor for Monstres Sacrés, and how can you convince us to talk about them?
 

Maybe Nathan Roche? Just look at the end of the longest line and in the bottom of the deepest barrel

Thank you Jake Robertson
(August 2023 interview)


in France - by Billy Gardner


Commentaires